Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Caring for men who don't care about themselves // 27 June, 7pm AEST

Hey @Mariah

Welcome to Topic Tuesday. We're about to wrap up in 15 mins.

One place you could check out is Reachout.com - they are a service specific to young people.

hope this helps!

Re: Topic Tuesday // Caring for men who don't care about themselves // 27 June, 7pm AEST

well I would like to thank everyone now I dont feel like Im the only one livingin a circus under the same strange laws

@Faith-and-Hope That's incredibly tough. Not only are you having to worry about his MH, but also it's having such a big impact on you personally.

You have created a good segue into the most important topic of the night, which I think a lot of carers dismiss because they feel as though their loved one is the priority.

I'm referring to Self-Care

Is anyone actively putting time aside to take care of themselves?

What are you doing to take care of yourself?

Finding the right balance is important, I think these boundary things take a lot of time and practise 🙂

I wonder if there may be some helpful pointers in the boundary setting blog? I know I have found it helpful to work one on one with people when learning how to set boundaries, possible avenue to explore within therapy perhaps.

Thank you for comments on boundaries @Former-Member, @Faith-and-Hopeand @Shaz51, sorry if I missed anyone.

You're very much not alone @Sissy88 !!

Not as we ought @NikNik, @Former-Member

Maybe you could make a commitment now to do something for yourself in the next 24 hours @Shaz51
If you want to share it here, I'll hold you to it 😉

ha ha @NikNik, I can`t think of anything at the moment

any suggestions @Former-Member, @Sissy88, @Mariah, @Faith-and-Hope, @Former-Member and everyone xx

How about booking a massage, facial or manicure @Shaz51?

I've been reading here and there throughout the discussion tonight (in between putting small children to bed) - the links are very helpful, thank you. My husband has depression, being diagnosed after about 2 years of suffering and not seeking help. Ever since it's been a battle for him to stay on his meds, as at the end of every script he does not renew for a week or two then starts again after things get tough. He was doing CBT but after five sessions and going back to the gp in Jan for a MHCP has not. We are in couples therapy as it's affecting our marriage so much. He's back on the meds at the moment so things are a little better but it's so hard to stay in this cycle of him not wanting to help himself as it really affects him so much. I'm doing everything I can to support him but feel like I'm losing myself in the process.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance