Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: // Online Event // Our rights as mental health carers - with Mental Health Carers NSW // Tues, Oct 27th 7-8.30pm AEDT

Hi @Schitzo 🤗

Re: // Online Event // Our rights as mental health carers - with Mental Health Carers NSW // Tues, Oct 27th 7-8.30pm AEDT

HI 🙂

Oh @Shaz51 I hear you

It's always our fault xxxx

It doesn't help anyone when a person's wishes are ignored like that, especially when they blame the innocent carer bystander and compromise that support too

hello @Schitzo Heart

@Anastasia@nashy , @Former-Member 

@JH_MHCN, I find it hard to find that right balance between what will help and what we should do 

Hello @Anastasia I hear you. That "splitting" is really challenging to manage and can make the brain go topsy turvy from time to time. Do you have any supports you lean on during these challenging times? I am glad to hear he is travelling better.

Hey there @Schitzo! We are happy to have you 🙂 

Hello @Shaz51 Oh I am sorry. I can understand feeling it is your fault because he may state this but it is not the case. You are a supportive carer by all accounts. It is challenging to hear he will no longer accept any support Heart Is he open to another type of support at all?

Yes. I see my own therapist and I have this beautiful community ❤️

@nashy 

That sort of behaviour is difficult it does make me question my own sanity at time

Reminds me of gaslightling

It is important to feel that dilemma and remember that to really help a person change means helping them change themselves, or else they haven't mastered it. So even if its hard not to advise and even nag sometimes, with the best intent, recall a little space can allow a lot of growth.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance