Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ArraDreaming
Senior Contributor

I feel like I cant get a breath in

just sitting here with the dog doing nothing minding my own business feel like I cant breath properly and my hearts racing I don’t know what I did to get anxious it’s getting really uncomfortable but I don’t don’t know how to make it go away when I don’t know why it happened this happened earlier today dontceant know i cant stand it right now 

why is my heart racing so quickly and I feel so tense

someone please help make it stop

my partner is in trying to get one of our kids to sleep i cant bother her with this 

why though 

17 REPLIES 17

Re: I feel like I cant get a breath in

I know you hate when people suggest breathing @ArraDreaming. It does help me though. 

Can you try and focus on something else. Did you and the boys do anything fun in the weekend? 

it’s hard not to think about it when its right there

What the FUCK

Hey @ArraDreaming - it's so hard when this stuff comes seemingly out of nowhere. Focus if you can on taking things slow and one step at a time. Like @Captain24 breathing slow and deep really does help. Remember that no feelings last forever. 

Is your partner still attending to the little ones? Could you try to make yourself a cup of tea or something, give you something to focus on? 

Here beside you mate. 

BUT THEN IT JUST COMES BACK!!!! @Jynx

@ArraDreaming aye, that is super frustrating and pretty scary. Can imagine it's super confusing to have to sit with it, and that it seems to be happening so often for you. 

Do you think you could talk to your partner about having her come sit with you, maybe some physical contact if you're open to it? Co-regulation is a thing, we can sometimes vibe off each other and being with someone more calm might help your nervous system. 

yeah when’s she done our kid won’t go to sleep so she is still trying to get him to sleep @Jynx so im just sitting on my own for now

not even meant to be in this dumb website on a Monday to start with hey here I am stupid

@ArraDreaming I'm glad she'll be with you soon. You jus gotta hang on for now, I totally believe in you mate 💜

I'm knocking off in about 10 min, but another mod will be around if you want to tag them in. 

I am sorry that this is so awful and confusing for you. Human brains are so weird, they mis-fire and tell us we're being chased by tigers even when we're just chilling at home. I hope that your partner is not too long, and that these feelings pass all too soon. I'll see you round, probably tomorrow 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance