Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

RamboDaly
New Contributor

Getting over losing an ex wife and grandkids

i've been separated from my wife for about 6 or 7 months now and i can't seem to let go of the past as she just up and left me and didn't say goodbye or anything and when she left she left me with a huge mess to clean up in the house which took me months to clear out as well as i had to surrender all the animals that i had as i was in no state to look after them physically or emotionally either and when we were living togerher her adult daughter and her family were also nÍ‚iving with us so when she left her daughter and family went as well so i lost not only her but all the grandkids as well as a result and i miss them terribly and even though my ex wife put me through hell i still miss her and if she came back now i'd still take her back even though i've tried moving forward with my life since then and be happy its just been so hard.and i still feel like a failure and wish i could see the grandkids again as they were a huge part of my life for a long time and now i'll never see.them again as they moved to Western Australia when they all left and i can't afford to get over to see them 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Getting over losing an ex wife and grandkids

Hey @RamboDaly, welcome to SANE forums and thank you for sharing your story with us. 

It seems like a really difficult time for you and it can be frustrating to lose everything at once. 

Have you got any other people around you? 

Hi @RamboDaly,

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your story with us.

I'm very sorry that you're in this situation, change (especially so sudden) is never easy, and I can see how isolating that would feel. I can also see how this would have a huge impact on your mental and physical health as well.

I am also sorry that you had to surrender your animals, but I think you should be very proud of yourself for prioritising their needs and wellbeing, as difficult as that must have been for you.

And I second what @Friendlyflutter has asked, do you have any other people or supports around you?

You did well in taking that first step and reaching out to us, which I understand can be daunting at first.

Please take care and know that you're not alone, we're all here for you and are looking forward to hearing from you,

defaultusername

Rough. I'm also guessing, complicated. Estrangment is uniquely difficult. As feminine as this may sound, man to man, you sound like you need/deserve a makeover. Hair, nails, outfit, full montage. There's a part of me that wished I had hair-curlers (or whatever the fashion is these days).

Doesnt seem like she has given you any closure.

The past isnt really the past is it when it's affecting you at the present. I hope you are able to video call your grand kids!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance