Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Recognition for the work that carers do

Yes @Former-Member, my friend , it does take time to readjust  xx

My hubby does not like changes , today is friday , so normally we would be working , but because it is a holiday and it is raining he is feeling a bit lost too today

so he might put his music on or watch you tubes , or watch a dvd soon , I think he will be looking for food soon xx

hello @Shaz51

Does Mr Shaz like special days? treats?

Today could be just that. He might like to hear that all people who work have holidays. Today is a holiday for him. He is entitled to holidays as part of Fair Work.

Rainy days can be turned around. Does he enjoy playing cards? board games?

snuggling up together watching the rain, talking about anything, memories.

my mind is racing. hope you find something that you both can share and that makes you both smile xxx

you are putting a smile on my face my special friend @Former-Member xx

I think once he get the word work out of his mind , he will be right and then on tuesday he won`t want to go back to work -- ha ha

thank you my friend , what are you doing for the weekend

hello @Shaz51

I can understand the not wanting to return to work, especially after having four days off! I remember that only too well.

Today is clean up blech, gardening, hopefully fit in a walk.

tomorrow sister and friend coming for lunch.

sunday catch up with husband's two sons and wives at a local cafe in the hills nearby.

monday visit mum at nursing home, hopefully younger son will come too.

my husband and i play cards sometimes. He usually beats me. we do have a laugh, he is so competitive.

time to get off here and get something done.

enjoy xxx

yes @Former-Member, husbands don`t like us winning -ha ha

have a good afternoon my friend Smiley Happy

Hey @Phoenix_Rising
Quick check in to let you know you are in my thoughts this Easter.

Thank you @Former-Member. Happy Easter to you. Smiley Very Happy

turtle with eggs.jpg

Hey @Phoenix_Rising
You said you were passionate about reform in the mental health system. If this is something you like to talk about perhaps you might like to tell me how you tackle this.
D

Hi @Former-Member,

Ahhhhh, well, being passionate about something and figuring out how to actually make meaningful change aren't exactly the same thing. Smiley Happy

I WANT to change the world...but I'm still working on the HOW of that. I have participated in various research projects and round table discussions etc. I've also managed to somehow get myself onto the commitee of my local health district as a consumer representative. However, after only a couple of meetings, I can see that this is a tokinistic role. That is, I can see that the local health district wants to be able to say they consulted with consumers...but actually, they have zero interest in what we have to say and we are powerless to make any meaningful change.

The main things I would LIKE to change are:

• Get rid of physical and chemical restraint, and seclusion in inpatient settings.
  • Underpin the entire system with a trauma-informed care approach.

So...if you happen to have a magic wand that I could borrow and thus make those things happen @Former-Member, that would be awesome. Smiley Happy

Unfortunately @Phoenix_Rising my sea turtle, I do not have a magic wand...

However I do have a meeting with the clinical director in relation to a couple of things that happened surrounding Mr Darcy's hospitalisation, which could entail a complaint to the health commissioner and possibly the chief psychiatrist if not resolved.

Perhaps you could explain to me what trauma informed care is my little terrapin.

D
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance