Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Kathyz
New Contributor

I am so lost

I cant pickup 2 yrs ago I lost my son the day of his dads funeral I cant get over it everyone keeps telling I should be ok.

My heart broke no one would ket me go and see him he would have woken for me if they rang me the thought of living without him is killing me I want to be with him but every day I have to look after my grandson who has autism and my mum who I had to place her in a nursing home as her dementia got really bad. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: I am so lost

Hi @Kathyz,

I'm Radius, on of the moderators on tonight. Firstly welcome to the forums and for sharing a glimpse of your story. It sounds like a very difficult and immensely emotional time of grief and sadness for you. It sounds like your grandson has been the driving force that keeps you going.

We home you find some great support here in the forums.
Take care, Radius

Hello @Kathyz 

you certainly have reason to be feeling the way that you do. I am so sorry for all that has happened to you, I cannot begin to even imagine your daily pain and suffereing.

Welcome to the forums, here you are never alone. I am glad you have found us. There are many here who I am sure can relate and provide comfort for you and I hope that that will help just a little. There is no time limit on grief sadly just time that helps to ease the pain ever so slightly as it goes on. 

We each have our stories and tribulations on a day to day basis but mostly provide each other with friendship which in the scheme of things is truly priceless. 

Tagging some of the other Mums that come to mind in the family to say hi to you 🙂

@Shaz51 @Former-Member @greenpea @Sam3 @Krishna @Appleblossom  @Faith-and-Hope 

Hello @Kathyz 

Such a sad sad story in a few words of a double whammy of loss and grief. 

Heart

Finding strength to cope would never be easy, so those telling you to be 'over it' are heartless.  The reminders and the love needed require a woman of warrior capacity, but we need also our tenderness for little ones. SO hard to find a balance.

All I can say is I hope you find some solace and strength among the posts and people here on the forums.

Smiley Happy

You always know just what to say @Appleblossom Heart

thank you

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Kathyz 

I found this talk on grief ever so helpful and find the "jar illustration" around the 9 minute mark particularly useful.

https://youtu.be/TxSd8f2Utpk

Hi and welcome to the forums @Kathyz  ..... 🌷

hello and hugs @Kathyz 

we are here for you my friend 

@Faith-and-Hope, @Former-Member , @Anastasia@Appleblossom 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance