Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: trigger warning son2 is totally insane

@Anastasia  :)Heart

@greenpea 

Heart

@Krishna

Heart

@Anastasia 

Heart

Yes you would have needed that sleep sweetpea.  After a while living under s=the same roof as people struggling with MI, carers routines and get topsy turvy.  Alarm clocks can only do so much.  It is why I ended up being accepting of my own topsy routines.  There was nobody else as back up for 20 years.  I just had to suck it up.

Heart

Hi @greenpea,

my son is not quite 16 and is on anti psyc meds. It's terribly sad and I worry every minute of every day what his future might be like. He is in the care of Headspace after a 9 day stint at the childrens holspital. He's up and down really. What one of the clinicians at HS told me was that a very high % of carers who care for someone with Physcosis end up with PTSD so it's really important to see someone for ourselves as well. I know for myself I am now anxious all the time and just feel overwhelmed.

@Kellyil  Hi Kellyil and welcome to the forums. It sounds as if I was in your position when my son was 16 and yes the stress, anger that eminated from my son2 plus the aggression upon the rest of the household for over 6 years culminated with me getting a mental illness. It is very real. You must and I stress this must get as much possible help for yourselves during this time. We had the police on speed dial it was all so stressful..... be kind to yourselves and ask for as much help as you can for you and the rest of your family. Love greenpeax

@Kellyil @Appleblossom @Anastasia @Krishna @Shaz51  son2 is very hard going atm very intense.

How are you coping or are you?

Oh @greenpea 

I am so sorry to hear that!!!

Are you ok hun?

Sending you love and hugs in the hope it helps a little 💓

P.S loving your cute profile pic 🙂

Hello @Kellyil 

I just saw you too are here with us. 

Hugs to you and it's good you've found us. It's important as pea said otherwise yes it can be a very lonely dark path. I'm only new here but the support and friendships I've found/made I'm truly grateful for x The help line was a saving grace for me initially too. You're so not alone. Us Mums feel your pain x

Hello @Kellyil 

Tough gig.

Heart

@greenpea 

Heart

I had a weird convo with sons dad who stated that son was insane today.  Which actually quietly, just between you and I, gave me the pip, cos dad was bloomin psycho for years I was married to him and NEVER apologised and still has not for his psychotic and paranoid issues.  I know my son is suffering, and "not well".  I am not in denial on that score, but I always look to causes and beneath surface symptoms.  I spoke to his counsellor today who confirmed they had started trauma work couple mnonths ago and then he had to take time off for operation, so unfortunate, which may have been triggering for my son.  Counsellor is going to try and connect by phone while he is on the ward, which gives me some hope.

Re your boy gp, I dont know how big your place is, or whether he has room of own, and ways to discharge the energy he is experiencing.  Whether it be sport, jogging exercise or what his other interests are, that might help balance out his aggressive side.  Sometimes Tabby style hard rock music can help discharge agro, but it can also stimulate agro ... all depends on person and circs.

Thinking of you all.

Heart

@Anastasia @Appleblossom  Hey Myboy and Apple and all those who are following I think this much needed thread. Son2 has finally gone into his room to listen to music (yes he does like an awray of diffent music styles). He is a good kidult just exhausting ....  and worrisome too at times. I am sorry you had that upset with your son's dad Apple. I am lucky atm as son2's dad and I are on the same page (wasnt always that way though ....).  No apology aye .... some people find it really hard to apologise ....  son2's dad has apologised for his behaviour during my and son2's acute illnesses. @Anastasia  you are right. These forums are I have found vital to my sanity and every day existance. I rely so much on the friendships I have developed here. I love the way we all give back as well. Our community here @Kellyil  is safe and kind. You will always find a helping hand here. Love peax

Pains in my chest, not coping. Is it wrong to dislike someone at times but love them more than life itself? Who is this person that is my son. I just want to scream and run away. @greenpea @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Krishna @Kellyil 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance