Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting a partner in a crisis

hi @Former-Member, sorry for not responding to your last post, i have been having to support my partner because of some anniversaroes that where triggering for her. 

im going ok, i managed to get some sleep last night, so i was so happy. just recharging the batteries tonight, taking it easy. im listening to your advice and looking after myself 🙂

thank you for caring @Former-Member, you are a true friend

Hello @Former-Member, @Jacques, @Zorro, @Former-Member ,thinking of you all

Ghost Gum 1945 A Nam.jpg

Dear @Jacques I only just found this thread. I am not online as much anymore.

Please take care of you.  It is unbelievably stressful dealing with and actively suicidal person whom we also love.

You do not need to reply, but do keep up the self care.

The photos of outside that you often posted cheered me up a great deal.

@Jacques
Checking in

hi @Former-Member, thank you for checking in, not a good day today, my partner was asulted in the MHU and now she is really unwell, it is so hard to protect her from where i am. im doing my best to support her, but the staff are not being supportive. i just need to keep her meed stable until she can go home. she is going home this week

i hope you are ok @Former-Member, i feel bad for telling you all my problems and not helping you

Oh no @Jacques

Incidents which happen in hospital are a real concern, as you alluded to, have the potential to really set things back.

How are you traveling? Please don't feel bad sharing Jacques, we are here for the specific purpose of helping each other through.

I have found practicing gratefulness is one of the tools that helps improve our emotional immune system.

Hey @Jacques
Has your partner been discharged as yet?

@JacquesIt was horrid that your partner was attacked, but dont think it is a burden for me to hear it or post about it. @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Former-Member really do care.  It is better to know the reality of what you are dealing with, than just being strong on the outside.

There are also times we cant get to the forum.

Take care FRIEND.

oh dear @Jacques - it is terrible that this happened to her, dear K, I think of her often! I'm glad that she is going home, but hope that being in the mhu also had a little benefit despite this awfulness..., hopefully being amongst her precious ones at home soon again also helps her a lot, as well as of course maintaining her strong connection with you @Jacques .
Thank you for tagging me @Appleblossom - dont always come over to this side so would have missed it.
Please look after you @Jacques - i know it can be very stressful looking after someones needs as i did with my mother for so long growing up. Hope you are ok!

Hi @Former-Member, no she is still their and is having a lot of withdrawls, this is the worst i have seen her, i feel so helpless, but she is keeping her spirits up and i am supporting her in any way i can. i have not been sleeping well because i have been so worried. 

it has been a flat out week, im hoping next week is better

hugs my friend

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance