Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

bksolar
Contributor

Finding life quite challenging with isolation and lack of clarity

Hi just struggling...

Feel like nobody wants to talk to me.

Perhaps this is the place to start the discussion.

Has anyone honestly felt isolated and targeted, stalked and intimidated with schizophrenia?

We are all delicate!

@bksolar

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Finding life quite challenging with isolation and lack of clarity

Hey @bksolar,

Welcome to the forums đź’š. Thanks for reaching out, big feelings like that can be hard to speak out about. The forums are a safe space to connect with others in similar situations.

You can check out some of the threads and social spaces. What kind of things are you into? There are some guidelines to make sure we keep everyone safe. Here is a link to them.

https://saneforums.org/t5/Something-s-not-right/Losing-will-to-live/m-p/1229122/highlight/true#M2769...

Hope you can share some of your big feelings with others x

Hello @bksolar. Don't despair. Yes I myself have felt isolated, intimidated and stalked by schizophrenia ( such a nasty word ). Don't let schizophrenia dictate your life. Don't let schizophrenia ruin your life. Don't abandon the things you cherish. The things that make you say life is wonderful. Surely you can muster up enough strength to overcome your despair. I believe you have to find strength. I know I do. Find the strength to not let schizophrenia dictate your life. Find strength to allow yourself the time to forget you have schizophrenia. Be honest with yourself and ask yourself is it me that is summoning these feelings of isolation or are you being influenced by society's norms and conventions. Its OK to be isolated. Its OK to be in your own space.     

Hi @bksolar 

You said - Has anyone honestly felt isolated and targeted, stalked and intimidated with schizophrenia?

Well yea , Targeted, intimidated and I would add bullied, harassed, ridiculed, physically assaulted and treated like an incompetent idiot who is not capable of making intelligent decisions and is not entitled to have a say in their treatment or how they manage their own life.

I can't recall ever feeling stalked though. Just the occasional visual hallucination of someone lurking nearby which doesn't quite cut it for me as stalking.

I'm happy to have a discussion with you about schizophrenia or any other aspect of mental health.

Regards

Willy

Hi,

Thanks for processing this question, you articulate the "feeling" quite well. I too agree it is a condition with mental challenges. Being treated and teased for a better word sucks. I think it's worth saying thankyou for your response, and whilst this place is a discussion point I thought to add, do you think the medicine prescribed, plays a role in that perception of "helplessness", would the challenge therefore be, do I envisage my own brain has the ability to handle the challenge without all this garbage mouthed medication? I thankyou for your response yet again, and put this out there - could the challenge be in the perception of so called "normal people" and their stereotypical attitude towards the struggle with the isolation?

I better push on, and get to my studies, which I might add, aren't feeling easy by any stretch of the imagination.

~@bksolar

Hi thanks for the response. I am wondering though, after reading this, that we are too happy with being teased, bullied, assaulted etc and have issues with the dynamics of so called normal family relationships. Hence solitude is the solution right? My thought exactly.

I would argue though that solitude is great for the patient, when you get to the end of the day, you need authentic friendships and happiness to discuss concerns experienced. For the most part drugs and medication, are causing some beliefs to be unrealistic, such as ::

I need to isolate, to stay safe.

I'll never meet someone who loves me for who I am, disability and all.

I'm capable of holding down a job, or invent or be somewhat brilliant in my life.

The medicine reviews are causing change or reverberation of disgruntled patient experience.

Others do not understand the disability or challenge.

I recently began postulating that my condition, is primarily caused by an overloaded life and memory, stressors and societal sickness. Let's discuss...[in a few days or so]

Hi,

Firstly, thankyou for responding to and welcome to this thread. My likes are::

Music

Fitness

Science

Technology

Animals

Needs

to name a few. Subject to a changing perception and feeling day by day...

I regularly check in with a support network such as SANE as well, as a matter of conversation.

I have my own schisms and ideas relating to::

Happiness

Somatic medication

Side Effects

Sustainable futures

Psychology and understanding the complexity and dynamics of human interactions, beliefs in particular I am interested in the Fletcher-Munson effect in Audio Engineering. As well as mixing audio tracks and constructing patterns.

I recently began analyis of THD - Total Harmonic Distortion and understanding the basis behind fundamentals etc. A very elaborate interest in hearing and sound. To begin with I have the following observations::

There appears to be a saboteur in the computer and world, entities, that I cannot "see", that steal things and sabotage my work and gaslight me. These entities are almost an excuse for a shattered consciousness and poor memory. I was reading actually, that dementia and schizophrenia have this in common. That is I have "difficulty accepting my own company, due to having an overloaded and faulty memory section of the mind and intellect."

I could go on and on, but I thought I'd respond to your comment, and thankyou for your thread.

~@bksolar

Definately relate to this thread, particularly about crap medication reviews.

I think it's worth plenty of time to get some idea of how we are treated generally.

It's also possible to get some idea of what to expect post diagnosis, and the sarcastic treatment.

Thanks

Yes I agree totally!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance