Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Reggiethecat
Senior Contributor

Does the anger ever go away?

It's me again, for full story please read previous posts.

So, 9 weeks have now passed and my husband is still seething with anger towards me. He is adamant that I absolutely did the wrong thing by calling mental health triage for support. He is so angry that he's asked me to block his number because he feels he's not in control of what he might say to me.

He still insists that we are over as a couple. I accept that but I'm just really starting to doubt the choices I made to get him help.

Anytime we communicate it seems I hurt him more.

I'm so lost.

🙏

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Does the anger ever go away?

Hey @Reggiethecat I'm so sorry you're in this situation. It can be so hard to have someone we care about be so angry with us. I think it might help if you remind yourself that you were only doing the best you could with what you knew at the time. Making a decision like that can be so hard - but it sounds like you were doing all you could to support him. You couldn't have known things would go this way. And sometimes, calling the MH triage is the best option; sometimes it's the only option. It came from a good place, a place of caring. Hopefully some day he will be able to see that. It's possible his anger is also anger at himself, that he's not doing better after seeing the MH triage - and he's projecting that onto you. 

Have you spoken to any mental health supports yourself about this situation? 

Re: Does the anger ever go away?

Hi  @Reggiethecat 

Having followed along with what's happening just want to say this must be awful for you. So sorry to hear that you're feeling lost. It's totally understandable 

I truly hope things improve for you soon 

x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance