Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Dark_Olena
Senior Contributor

Day of sudden possible reality

I dearly apologise for the messy clutter, but I wanted to get my mental notes down in print and the

overwhelm was too much. 

[Edited by moderator] lawyer ****** ****** her quote for a Will $3,900

Had free consultation with her August 31 2023

My opinion first, she was rude, blunt and cold. Expected all things from us though we are first timers.

Got impatient with our information or lack of.

Considering our age, she wanted our decision making capacity ability.

Alot of comments from her, our information was often irrelevant, she wasn’t polite and kinda scolded us

for not having all relevant documents considering we had not one clue about what we were doing.

Impatient woman and very rude. 

To me:  find title from the bank regarding mortgage property. 

Full assessment of medical report and diagnosis for daughter.

Bring daughters birth certificate.

Get Superannuation members statement 

To me - enquire into lawyers information  doubt why daughter  is the only signing person on her bank

account?

Should we be added signatories? 

Daughter’s decision making capability. 

In sight of when friend, lover, boyfriend, opportunist, etc or toxic person wants her to take a large sum of money on only her signature. This is where a added signature like our son the  executor or gaurdian can safe guard.

Apparently dodgy according to lawyer

State trustees

Centre link

Ndis.

And these will take daughter from her house ownership.So daughter will have to have an executor of her monies in the will, And son executor of will, to gain for himself of stress of caring and anguish (mental) 5% - $23 k per year.

Executor of will, son has 1yr from our death to settle estate

Grant of probate??? I have no idea

VCAT- Guardian ship order

Son executor of will to step up for VCAT when we pass.

Lawyer  said that daughter should have the right to reside in the dwelling/House for 1 yr after our death.

To which my husband said, what is the point of that as all you’ve said daughter cant own a house

because  of her lack of decision making ability. Lawyer then said, it wont matter anyway because you

will be d**d.

What a classic horrible person is this?

Why did she need photo copy of our drivers licence?

She was criticising her colleagues who don’t know the law as well as her and that she was a far more

knowledgable lawyer, and that they go as far to buy their glowing reviews.

When speaking about me speaking about our son in west papua, she went into doomsday speech about people getting k****d on the border. Our son in West Papua will be the excecutor of our Will.

After sitting with her we feel like we been f****d in the head.

Are all lawyers like this?  I can’t believe what we went through today, so essentially my daughter is

doomed the day we are no longer there for her in any way. State trustees, Ndis, all waiting for a wif of

taking what we want to leave our daughter. Her inability to own her own place or to sign anything. In no

way will she live in a group setting with clients or staff, she will be at risk of abuse either financially or

s******y This is the stuff of nightmares, how can I live into my 90’s

We still dont have a Will.

Am feeling so alone.

I can feel the grief in my body.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Day of sudden possible reality

Hi there @Dark_Olena ,

I'll be honest, I can't help much in terms of your legal matters, but I can sit with you so you feel less alone.

It sounds like a very difficult space to be in. How did you find these lawyers? Did someone else you know use them?

I'm glad you called them out on a few things that you didn't have good vibes about.

Is there something you can do to distract yourself?

I'm not sure if you'd be interested in signing up for and joining the Peer Group Chat happening tonight at 7pm AEST. This is a live chat that runs for 1.5 hours. You can stay for as long or short as you'd like.

Forgot to say, @Dark_Olena . Quite a few of the forum members from here join the Peer Group Chat. So if you've been on the forums, you will 'see' familiar names.

Sorry you had to go through that it sounds horrible.

No not all lawyers are like like that, and there are many fine and caring ones.

She should not have made you feel like that, and you should not go back to see her.

It is their job to help you in the preparation of organising the documents, unfortunately it sounds like she very lazy and wanted you to do her job and just take your money. Please do not feel all lawyers are like that. I am not a lawyer but have studied law, and have met some lovely caring people in the field. 

Please don’t worry, it isn’t as hard as what that woman was making it out to be.

That was a red flag that you need to find someone else, keep looking and you will find the right one. It is their job to help and it wasn’t fair you encountered what you did. Please don’t give up, keep looking and you will find someone who will help you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance