Skip to main content

Re: ๐ŸŽจ .... ART. CLASS ..., ๐Ÿ–ผ

Here's another I did early last year. This one was my first attempt at watercolour.  A glass vase with flowers.  Difficult to get the reflections and so on in the glass and the shadows from vase and balls.

I havent done any art since about June last year.  Too much happening to find the time or the motivation. Now that I start looking at some of my older work, I really want to start back into it again.

Glass vase with flowers in watercolourGlass vase with flowers in watercolour

Your water colour painting looks lovely @Former-Member 

Detailed, with lovely soft colours.

I think it's impressive!

Especially as I cannot draw or paint...

Do stick figures count?

Adge

im sorry i missed this post @Faith-and-Hope

i might give the flowers ago in the coming weeks as they still look pretty interesting to try and do

@Former-Member your pictures are beautiful. i love your watercolour painting, it should be framed and hung up on the wall. well thats where i would have it anyway.

i havent really dont any art either, more crocheting lately but im working on a sunflower atm.

10801F5E-FADF-4690-8474-324D596C5CA1.jpeg

C189E452-D75D-45C6-B591-70E09E145AC4.jpeg

I got some sewing machine therapy and made a reusable paper towel alternative. Old cot sheets and snapped for ease of use. Much better for the environment 

Well done you @Lost1 โฃ๏ธ

download (14).jpeg

@Faith-and-Hope and everyone

Have you used cotton balls as a way to put paint to paper? Did you find there was to much of the wool fluff left behind?

Sorry @outlander , I havenโ€™t painted with cotton balls before ..... perhaps fluffy โ€œwoolโ€ from synthetic fibres would do the job and not leave fluff ?

thanks @Faith-and-Hope i watched a youtube clip and they made a glaxaxy style painting with some cotton balls and wondered how much fluff it would leave.

@Faith-and-Hope  im not sure if you remember but a little while ago we talked about a style of art which i cant remember the name of it now and i said id like to have a go. i ended up having a go but i forgot about it and found it last night. 

the pic is a little awkward cause of the lighting in my house but thought id share it with you. looking at it now its not quite what i was after but doesnt seem to bad for a first go. 

painting.jpg