Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Blue around mouth is not good @Shaz51 @Former-Member  is right get clear advice.

Shaz yes its important to separate out person from illness.

Lovely that you had good family connection.

Heart

I had a lovely phone call with a lady who is becoming a good irl friend,

Heart

and received an email from my son including a lovely description from the mum, of my grandson's progress through the year.  His first birthday is on Tuesday.  Lots of walking on eggshells about access and contact with him.  I have been patient and doing all they ask.  Have a few little gifts ... tho they can wait too.  We will see ...

Hi @Shaz51  really hoping this post finds you in better health this week so far.  I'm not sure what happened last week with Mr Shaz and your mum - if you want to talk about it feel free to tag me.  Take care lovely and thanks for your input on the SS while I was away.

thanks @eth 

yes last week was a combination of me having a infection and still working and caring for mum and hubby 

and I think mum is starting to get dementia , so everything build up until one morning tea and mum asked mr shaz -- ( why he won`t let me retire now ) I know she is worried about me but i am finding I can not say things like I used too 

soo mr shaz left mum`s house and went home leaving me there 

now mr shaz does not want to go back to mum`s at all 

and mum has no idea what is wrong -- But she wants me to be well and stop working 

tomorrow i have some more pre transplant blood tests to do 

How did you get on today @Shaz51 

blood tests and ask the doctor about my oxegen levels tomorrow @Former-Member Heart

today we had the afternoon off , I am really liking having the afternoon off this week 

only got mum`s tomorrow 

so mr shaz has already said he is staying home 

Hi @Shaz51  sorry to hear all that you've got going on atm.  Hope at least your doctors find out what's going on soon.  I didn't know you were on the list for a transplant.  Assuming it's one of your kidneys.  Glad to hear you had an afternoon off everything.  Take care xx

@eth, found out I was born with only one kidney 

and now it is working 21 %

@Former-Member, @Appleblossom , @Former-Member 

Yes that is very hard for you @Shaz51 Having just one kidney, to start with - I only just found that out (on other thread).

Otherwise you could still be fine, with one healthy kidney - then maybe you wouldn't need a transplant.

21% effective, oh no....

Are you having to have Dialysis, or you don't need that yet?

I've known people who have had to have weekly dialysis.

Adge

no Dialysis, yet @Adge Smiley Happy

medication and diet at the moment

That gives you more independence @Shaz51 Not having to rely on dialysis (not pleasant either).

So that's good.

I wish you could get full kidney function back - so you would not have to try for a transplant.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance