Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

had a shower and 2 cups of coffee since we came home , i think i will be going to bed soon @outlander 

hope you are ok my sister xo

that sounds like a good idea @Shaz51
your sounding pretty tired too, so an early night sounds ideal. Heart Heart Heart

@Shaz51  You have been such a great mother hen around here.

Its easy to imagine others thinking that of you.  It can be tricky too, in terms of boundaries and family connections etc ... I told my son's gf, who was getting attached, that I would always love my son whatever ... to give her a sense of my priorities ... but still be a friend to her ...

I was worried about you re the flooding ....

Heart

@Shaz51  Oh Shaz51 you have everything happening at once. Hope everything calms down for you in particular the weather. Keep us posted. Love greenpea xxxx

@Shaz51... having had our house flooded back in 2011, I know that a close call or a nearby flood event can also be stressful. I'm not sure a lot people recognise that. The adrenaline gets pumping "just in case", even if you can logically tell yourself that you're safe. I know I can "reason" myself out of it, but its still mental energy that would be better spent elsewhere.

So even though you're safe, am wondering if that's adding to your current load...? Lots of love.

@Shaz51  thinking especially of you.

good morning @Former-Member , @Smc , @greenpea , @Appleblossom , @outlander , @Former-Member 

so much going on

hugs for you all Heart

I think they sent mum home too early , her BP was 205 and they got it to 186 and let her go home

@Former-Member  twin mr shaz needs some equipment fixed

Hi @Shaz51 .  

Yes so very true, you do have a heck of a lot going on.  So a big comforting hug coming your way.

Really sorry your Mum was permitted home too early.  It happens a lot, especially when the patient pushes to get out.  Its only natural they do so though, they all want to be home rather than in hospital.  But unfortunately once they do get home, they always take a backward step ... because its different at home than it is in hospital.  In hospital everything is done for them and they are assisted to do things.  At home, its back to independence and trying to do more than they should.

I hope she will be okay and may yet pick up a little bit and be fine at home.  I'm sure you are doing all you can to ensure her safety and comfort.  But you have to remember that you cannot always be there for her, you have so much else on your plate. And of course with the weather being what it is up there, its also possible you cannot get to her anyway.

Thinking of you and hoping all your 'clan' are doing as best they can.

Sherry 🌺

thank you @Former-Member  for the beauitful hugs Heart

and yes what you said is very true

Mum is now going through independence and depentant on me at the moment and she is also becoming indecisive which makes it hard

Hi @Shaz51 ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance