Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

thinking of you today @Former-Member Heart

Hello @Determined@Faith-and-Hope@outlander@Sophie1

lots and lots of rain for days here ☂☂☔☔

hello @Former-Member Heart

very quiet day here which is good as i think i have Sciatica

on monday i thought it might of been a kidney infection but i think it is the other

I think your philosophy is to be unreservedly commended. I have remained with my wife throughout the evolvement of her Bipolar disorder type 2... we have been on an incredible journey of understanding and diagnosis and effective medication to give us quality of life... its a journey I wouldn't change for anything...
I say kudos to you... its not an easy journey by any stretch... but its not something they asked for and all partners deserve our love snd support no matter what..
Well done to you !

@Former-Member thinking of you as you try to understand and make sense of all the appointments and options and help MrD navigate this time in his journey ... one step and one hour at a time - keep grounding yourself and pls take care of you too 

@Shaz51 @Totman  wonderful support notes below - Totman your comments really resonated esp as tonight my mum just said how lucky my partner of 23 yrs (bipolar2) is to have me .. however the way she said it I can't help but think there was an element of 'the bipolar 2 partner' doesn't deserve you ... I don't think she understands that we all have our struggles and even tho my partner has bipolar2 the relationship is still very much a two way street and I consider myself lucky to have a partner who loves me so unconditionally and reliably and gently as my partner does - I feel lucky too !! 

Hi @Totman ðŸ‘‹

Like @Sophie1 I too believe that I am fortunate to be with someone who loves me and is kind.

@Totman 

Would you like to tell us a little about your story.

Hi and welcome to the forums @Totman  ...... 👋

Despite what the outcome has been in my situation, I have to agree with you @Sophie1 @Former-Member @Totman @Shaz51 @Determined.  I am not sorry I stood by my man, even though he betrayed me  in the end, and across a good chunk of the time I was standing by him and trying to support him.  

I am glad I did, because that is who I am, and my belief system, even though it clearly wasn't his.

My daughter in law has Bipolar, and my two youngest are struggling with anxiety and depression - one of them has OCD challenges as well ..... but they are all loving, caring human beings regardless of whatever challenges they face.  Sometimes an acute need for self-care can be mistaken for selfishness.  Without facing up to the same challenges, we can't know how we would cope with them, and so-called "normal" people have a whole bunch of challenges of their own, not necessarily linked to mental health, but just as tricky regardless.

Nothing but admiration for y'all.

hello and welcome @Totman 

my mr shaz has Bipolar 2 after years of many many diagnosis 

we have had lots of ups and down  and still have some daily 

@Faith-and-Hope, @Former-Member , @Sophie1@Determined 

Well I dare say youve had many experiences and learnt a great deal yourself about bipolar Shaz51.... 

Weve been living with it now for ... oooh lets see... 20 plus years now... 

Glad you what I would call a keeper.... our partners didnt ask to have the illness they have.... I see people living with partners with an incredible variety of illnesses... mental illness is no different in my eyes... I always ark back to the ole marital vow.... in sickness and in health. 

Im an ardent realist.... I dont do political correctness very well... im an eccentric in certain degrees... people look at me with wide eyes... 

Im hoping to meet like folk... fingers crossed hey...

Thanks Faith and Hope...

Bally sorry to hear after all your invested energy and effort your partner took it upon himself to move on... sod !
Your learning of his illness would certainly put you in good sted to support your greater family... they are lucky to have you !!! Darn fine philosophy you have on mental illness... Hoorahhhh from me.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance