Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

My step climbing tally has taken a dive since working from home @Former-Member 

Have been thinking I need to pick up my game also. 

And since taking up cycling  walking has reduced significantly

@Determined 

Can't see myself hitting the pavement until our little fellow has his splint off and gets the all clear from the vet. 

How is he coming along @Former-Member 

Has come in wet here so I have set up out indoor cycle trainer. Managed 5 minutes before I had to stop. Much easier out on the road. Well I find it is anyway. 

Booked into the vet on Monday @Determined  for splint removal and x-ray to see if fracture has healed. 

Hope that all goes well @Former-Member 

Back on my my bike this afternoon. Finding it hard at the moment. I can plod along but unable to push it as much as I would like. 

Hoping to do a longer ride tomorrow if it is not raining. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Doreen 

You might like to post about any walks you have with or without the dog.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Totman 

You might enjoy this discussion thread.

@Totman  you mentioned in another thread that you used to be into cycling.  What is the longest ride you have done. 

My wife (aka darling) and I are just getting back into cycling again. Managed 15 km today. Our longest rides are 55km for me. 200km for my darling. 

Darling used to do over 200km per week before a major crisis. 150km was a regular weekend ride. She has not ridden for more than 2 years so happy to see her back on her bike. 

The longest ride I have done would most likely be the Audax twin peaks challenge... that was 220 kms ... 

I used to race on the weekends do training was about 500 plus kms a week... 

My wife... with bipolar is an ex Australia national level rider... thats how we met...

Good on you both for getting out there again... bally brilliant!! Endorphins and there therapeutic base for mental illness can NEVER be underestimated !!! Bravo to you both !

Wow you were into it proper.

For darling it became an addiction.  Hoping this time ifnwe dovit together we can keep some balance. 

The Toomoo 220 is a ride that is on Darlings bucket list. She was planing to do that before her crisis. Maybe next year we may be up to speed. Another she wants us to do Hopfully at the end of this year is a hill climb challenge. Something for us to work on together 😊

Kind of hard work at the moment. Cold weather is not agreeing with me. But we are only 2 weeks in so early days. And I had a fair bit more balast to what I used to lol. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance