Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

More a case of the old trailer is really small @Smc  

Wouldn't mind adding some high sides to the new trailer. (Provision to do so already in place).

Our trailer's a little one, about 3 1/2' x 4'. More the size of a motorbike trailer, but a good size for our little classic car. About half the capacity of a standard trailer, but it's held some impressive loads, including the ones that have gone on a 400km trip between my parents' place and here.

The tray is 12mm ply, starting to get a bit damaged, so we're thinking about whether we can improve on it. Provision for a high sided insert and/or a cage would be helpful.

Did more seed planting yesterday. Parsnips and beetroot in egg cartons so that I can germinate them in a protected spot, but then plant them out with minimal root disturbance. And pumpkin varieties. Am thinking that if I can't get enough beds ready in time, I might bite the bullet and pay out for straw bales for some instant gardens.

1489011563-gallery-1488995492-screen-shot-2017-03-08-at-124016-pm.jpg

I think our little trailer is about 5x4 @Smc 

I did have one that sounds very similar to yours that I was always going to refurb. Only because it was my dads . That one went to scrap metal when we moved unfortunately.  New trailer is 8x5. The bigger base means it is easier to stack and compact more than actual increase in volume. Which is only a bit over double with slightly higher sides. 

our traliler is 6x4 @Determined 

@Former-Member, @Smc@SJT63@Schitzo@Anastasia@Adge 

did mum's gardening today and all the lillies I planted are still alive and planted some sunflowers seeds too and succulents 

watered them this afternoon iin the ysrd and 

did a soluation of seasol for all the plants under the patio, the orchids too 

when to get some gravel for the orchids and got them for free 

@Emelia8@outlander@Appleblossom

Freebies = bonus @Shaz51 

Ah ha @Former-Member 

The lady who gave me the orchids cheap , I looked after her 2 grand childer years ago 

And today I asked her for some gravel  and her daughter  was there 

Had a lovely time visiting  and remembering  lots of wonderful  times when her children  were little 

Awwww they are in their 20' s now xxx 

@Shaz51  Your mum's garden sounds gorgeous,  the Sunflowers will be lovely when they come into bloom. Orchids are beautiful, my sister has one🌻 xx

Mr Darcy & I are on a short break away and we have had the pleasure of seeing a garden designed by Paul Bangay whilst a quick trip to a garden centre yielded some not so common flower seeds. 

20201018_132820.jpgI

I don't do the gardening, but I get to process the results. Canned beans and carrots for a rainy day.

Did the pressure canner arrive @SJT63 ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance