Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

oneteaspoon
Contributor

Looking for text message or webchat psychology/counselling service

I have had mental health illness for a while after a workplace injury, workcover says the 10 sessions they paid for should have healed me. Anyways I have issues opening up to people in person and I also have a huge phone phobia. I need a service that is purely text based or webchat. I found a service called Virtual Psychologist, https://www.virtualpsychologist.com.au, but it's only free to those who live rural and remote, otherwise it's $170 a session with no Medicare rebate.

Due to my workplace injury my monthly medication bill is $315.80 and workcover only pays $19.20 of that and being on a carers pension I can't afford to use this service. I've been speaking with lifeline and beyond Blue on their text message and webchat but you speak to different people and have to explain yourself over again each time.

Does anyone know of a service like this?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Looking for text message or webchat psychology/counselling service

@oneteaspoon 

If you did not receive a payout (and I believe if you have a disputed claim pending), and unless your medications are not on the PBS I believe you should be able to get discounted medications being on a carer pension.  You would need to keep a record of what you feel is claim related should you wish to pursue a claim.

With regard to counseling services, if you get a mental health plan from your GP you should be able to get up to 10x Medicare rebateable sessions.  You can do an internet search for bulk billing psychologists near you. You would also need to check with the individual practice if they are doing zoom or similar consultations.

@Former-Member alot of my medications are not on the PBS which is why the high price. 

I understand the mental health plan but I have a phone phobia & issues opening up in person so I need a service that has like a web chat or text messaging service 

Hi @oneteaspoon 

Do you know of the SANE Help Centre?  We have very skilled and great counsellors who can listen and work with you through these difficult times. They are available from 10 am to 10 pm Monday to Friday. You can chat with them here.  

Take Care, 

Peonies 

Hi @Peonies 

everytime I check the online chat is offline. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance