Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Katastrophy
New Contributor

Im struggling

Its been about a year since things blew up with my grandparents and I still can't cope with it all. And apparently I have been showing signs of have PTSD and I dont k ow how to deal with anything. Does anyone have any ideas that can help me.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Im struggling

Hi @Katastrophy , welcome to the forums. I'm sorry you are having a tough time. Have you thought of seeing your GP.  They will be able to refer to a councilor/psychologist. Everyone is entitled to 6-10 free sessions. I see a psychologist once a month and find her very helpful.

Take care and stay safe🤗🌼💚xxx

Hi there @Katastrophy , 

Welcome to the forums Heart
I am sorry to hear how challenging it has been for you. Besides the forums, it could be helpful to have a one to one chat with a health professional such as counsellor, a psychologist, or your GP.  🌻 

Have you heard of the SANE Help Centre? We have great counsellors who can listen and chat with you about what has happened. They are available from 10 am to 10 pm Monday to Friday via phone 1800 18 726, Web-chat, or you can “Book a Call” with them here.  

Dear Katastrophy,

PTSD neeeds some good support. As mentioned go talk to your GP and ask for a mental health care plan then find a therapist to help you wade through this. It is also important to be taking care of your diet and sleep. If you are not sleeping well talk to your GP or try something like Valerian or Passionflower (from a healthfood shop) to help you sleep and to calm your nerves. Feeding yourself properly is important, more imortant than people think- get your fresh veggies and fruits in! If you can move your body either through exercise or dancing to your favourite music that can help too.

Emotional support is crucial for you. When things are bad or unbearable then ring Lifeline (https://www.lifeline.org.au/) or Beyond Blue (https://www.beyondblue.org.au/), there is someone there who wants to listen to you and support you.

Take care. Reach out. I wish you well

XX

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance