Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Cazzie
Senior Contributor

Re: Denial

You are so right Alessandra1992, it's never too late to take up a hobby or craft. I was in my 50s when I took up quilting to make a quilt for an expected grandchild. I've got two more grandchildren now and I've given up trying to work out how many quilts I've made in the past five years.
We all need something to focus on, other than our problems or responsibilities, and any form of craft or hobby is perfect. Quilt groups, craft groups, a men's shed - these are all wonderful sources of diversion and support.
Hubby's x-rays show some issues that need to be dealt with. Won't have results from the CT scan until we see the oncologist next week but don't anticipate any problems at this point.

Hi Cazzie, it looks as though your week has been going well with hubby. So glad he is trying new things and that u have had some shed time.. Have your grandchildren reached an age where they can come and marvel over granny's shed?
NikNik
Senior Contributor

Hi @Cazzie and everyone else in this thread 🙂

This thread of discussion, even though not recent, is such a big important discussion to have. It's a situation so many people who are in carer roles have to deal with at some point.

We have decided to dedicate the next Topic Tuesday to this issue. What can you do if the person you care for doesn't want help?

I'm not sure where you all are in your journey, but it would be fabulous if you could join us at 6pm AESDT this coming Tuesday to share your experiences, give tips and also pick up a few. Basically we just want everyone to come together to talk about this difficult issue.

Mind Australia will be joining us to also share their thoughts. We will kick off at 6pm AESDT here

I hope to see you all there - I think you all have such valuable insight to share.

All the best

Nik

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance