Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

That about fits for me too @Former-Member  lol

Managed to tak a load of green waste to the tip this morning. Tried last week but discovered they close at 4pm. 

Did some mowing and whipper snipping and weeding.  Dusted off the ride on and decided again I want to keep it lol. Makes the job so much eaiser. 

Over the next couple of weeks I need to reorder the shed to better fit the boat. After uni starts up I wont have much of a chance to use it for rhe next 3 months. I have had it out since start of the holidays. Too hard to put it away each time we use it due to space restrictions. 

@Determined 

👍👍 to keeping the ride on. It is an item you use regularly (and clearly enjoy). 

I avoided making an official declutter "to do list" , would have found it too disheartening. It was quite obvious what needed to be done. We had to slowly navigate our way around boxes/ clutter in the spare room, annex and office. The lounge/ kitchen/ dining area didn't look quite so bad to us but once we got started, friends began to comment on how much better these areas looked (the doors to the other areas were usually closed).

Home maintenance achievements today.

Fan attached to wall over treadmill

Board on front step re attached

Now we wait to see how long it takes S3 to break the front step off again.

(It is hardwood glued to bricks). Don't know why but he has a thing about removing it 😫

Next on list is to replace bathroom taps. Kind of lost interest though.  Was on a roll until darling smartly announced 'wow we are on a maintenance streak today' 

Don't know why but that had really upset me.  A thank you would have been far more effective.  Well she did say thank you eventually but only after first insulting me. 

Bathroom taps done   😁

Only re-seated  and replaced washers 12 months ago. This time replaced with new 1/2 Turn taps so hope they last a bit longer.

A bit harder to over tighten and ruin the washers may make a difference I hope. 

Last chore for today was going to be m owing the front yard but that is very much in the too hard basket now I think. 

Well done @Determined.

My little bit for the day was clearing up some accumulated junk by the back door. A mixture of things left there, dropped there and blown in there. It's not totally tidy, but improved.
That was spurred on by a weather warning for possible heavy rain. When it's really heavy, the water flowing down the driveway sometimes bypasses the drain, and if so, the next lowest spot is our back doorway. So as a precaution, there's three potting mix bags "sandbagging" the porch for the moment. 😛
Looks like we've missed the really heavy falls after all, but they can stay there until tomorrow in case.

Our other job for today that I just remembered was to groom the dogs.

Not exactly 'home maintenance' but it is a household chore. Purchased a table and some cordless clippers this morning to make the job eaiser.  

Tomorrow is another day. 

@Determined 

'Onya Bro for persisting and getting the taps done even when you did not feel like it.

images - 2020-02-01T221409.690.jpeg

Mr Darcy has just spotted a mouse in our kitchen ... yikes.

images - 2020-02-05T092302.463.jpeg

Gentle encouragement my forum friends.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance