Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Oh it's an American Red-eared Slider Turtle (your picture) @Former-Member

Personally I think they look gorgeous.

Unfortunately they're considered a major invasive (potential) threat in WA.

So on the rare occasion that wildlife have found one (escaped from a tank or aquarium) - they killed it.

Adge

Yep, @Adge. That has to happen, even though it's a bit sad... taking critters out of their righful environment is usually a mistake.

Drinking rainwater tank finally installed today ... just need a bit of rain now 🌧️.

@Former-Member, yay, fresh cloud juice coming up!

Doing some car cleanup... semi-unplanned.

We need to replace the boot hinges on the car. Replacement second hand ones have been inside the boot for ages, but we can only find one. Hubby had been rummaging around; I decided that the only way to really be sure was to take everything out. Bigger job than it looked. Man Surprised

So, the entire boot has been emptied out and swept clean. I did the emptying and sweeping, Hubby is in the process of repacking. So that he can find stuff when he needs it. I've also cleared out the glovebox, and have just come inside to grab some plastic containers to keep the contents of the glovebox in better order. One for first aid stuff, one for disposable/re-usable cutlery and suchlike, one for "good to have on hand" oddments like spare car light globes, matches and soap.

Glovebox sorted. 🙂 I've pinched an old Mr. Men two pocket pencilcase from Younger Daughter's room to hold the cutlery and maps. I'll double check that she doesn't want it anymore when she gets home. At 15, I think the odds are that she's outgrown it, but you never know. 😄 If she still wants it, I'll find another one.

The parcel shelf on Hubby's side could do with some containerising too. One for tools and one for small car parts should do it, but that can happen later. Lunchtime now.

Planned or unexpected, another job done = yahoo @Smc 

Yahoo @Smc 

Hello. @Former-Member , @Adge , @Determined , @ETBug 

Little things are getting done, even though we are tired when we get home

One thing in the bin or one thing ready for the opshop 

Remember to put in car the next day 

One thing that is top of our declutter "to do" list is culling out unwanted furniture.

There was a chipboard display unit in our Younger Daughter's room that she didn't want. It was in so-so condition, no-one wanted it as a freebie, so I've dismantled the cupboard section at the bottom for disposal (will keep a few re-usable bits) and am keeping the top section as shelving for the moment. They'll go eventually too, but shelves are one thing that we need more of. I'll put it into service as kitchen storage shelves instead of the rather nice timber one I'm currently using, and which is getting that horrible kitchen dust-plus-grease patina. It deserves better.

Our Younger Son is interested in taking a couple of things to his place. A chest of drawers and a paper file thingy... don't know what its proper name is. It has shallow drawers suitable for storing papers. Not a map drawer. We may be bringing a writing desk back here from his place for Hubby to use as a workstation. As long as what we end up with here is actually of use to us.

Little steps... sorted through a boxful that's been sitting around for how long? (Too long, methinks.)

Rubbish disposed of. Mostly paper, so it went to the worms. Photos, stationery and craft bits all put into more or less their proper places. A few mislaid bits of kitchen tableware ready to wash and pack away. I've rediscovered more pegs, hairties, elastic bands and bulldog clips. And a mobile phone that mysteriously disappeared a couple of years ago rediscovered.... ooops. As I said, too long! Now recharged, but the number has been deactivated, so we'll need to sort that.

So the boxful has all been tossed or packed away with the exception of a small cluster of miscellania that I need to find places for, and another small cluster that Hubby needs to check over.

🏆 🙂

@Smc  yay

images - 2020-02-18T172031.972.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance