Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@greenpea 

Are the chairs ones that could be broken into smaller bits and put in recycle +/- regular bin?

@Former-Member  Hi Darcy I have thought of that if I got my daughter and ex to stand on them it might just work .... I will try it tomorrow 🙂

What are the chairs made of @greenpea ?

@Smc  plastic and metal .... it is probably impossible 😞

If you can get the plastic parts off, they could go in the bin, and scrap metal merchants usually have free drop off points for small amounts.

Did the super-risky thing of going to a garage sale this morning.
I think I handled myself sensibly. A small suitcase I'll use for storage. Some candles and soap- both things which you use up and they're gone. One mug to go into my small cache of "extras" that I bring out when we've got guests. (Hubby and I have our one favourite mug each. However, Younger Daughter is developing a collection of her own, which is a little problematic when she's at least four years away from moving out of home. 😛 )

So now the thing I've got to do is find something that deserves better storage than an assortment of cardboard boxes, and put that nice little suitcase into service! Am thinking sewing notions... ribbons, lace, bias binding, threads... all of which are more likely to be productively used if I can find the jolly things when I want them!

I would do my best Shazzle Dazzle job for you @Former-Member after we have a cuppa or 3 Smiley LOL

@Smc  you do like to live dangerously 😀 

@Shaz51 managed to get a bit of cleaning done today. Have an old quilt and some blankets hoping a friend with an outdoor dog can use.

@Former-Member, posting about it here keeps me accountable.

I've started sorting my sewing bits and pieces into the little case. I'm using clear plastic boxes to keep things in order. Getting it all into one place will mean I'll be able to see what I've got, and thus decide which of it I actually want.

And while I was getting the plastic boxes together, I did another cull of containers that I'm not using and not ever likely to use. Some other stuff's ended up in rubbish or recycling too.

DSCN4599.JPGDSCN4598.JPG

Old quilt and blankets donated to friend with dog. Cello and two CD players gone. Have put some vases and ornaments to one side for donating.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance