Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

whatever you and mr D decide im sure itll be a little tricky at least to start with but might be better in the long term, just allow yourself to keep the friends youve made where you are too. if you do decide to move i hope its somewhere nice @Former-Member

also leaving these here for you sweet @Former-Member 

th9DEJTY5K.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @outlander potential benefits of moving are there, now it is down to the practical of getting the place tidied up ... walls, doors, skirting boards, etc all needing a thorough once over. No need to ask what I will be doing over the next week or two ... yikes 😬.

Equine activities for you today? (Or as I like to think of it as "horsing around" 😀).

How is the car situation?

rubescartoons-com-rumor-has-it-he-was-te-inspraton-for-achart-39405172.png

@Former-Member 😬😬

siblings might be having a ride later this arvo but will see what happens. mum said she isnt feeling that well today because she hasnt eaten yet but will see what happens. might find something else to do...

hey @Former-Member
if you around for a bit can i have a quick chat?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Just about to head into a cafe catching up with some old friends @outlander can I tag you a bit later when I have time?

yes of course, enjoy @Former-Member 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @outlander 

On deck now (will need to walk the dog at some stage). 😀

hey @Former-Member
im hoping this makes sense....

i am really nervous and really frazzled for this op in november for many reasons but its making me fret over quite a few things more so accomodation.

Ive been told that ill need to be there a day early for pre-admissions and that is between 730 and 11 in the morning so its pretty early. so im not sure whether to stay there the night before pre accomodation or not. as its so far away itll be around a 5am train ride or i can drive which will be about the same but i can come back then go back on the pre admisson in the arvo. im worried the kids are going to miss to much school otherwise. and then im debating if i should jsut come home straight after the op or if i should stay a night or 2 up there.

so maybe if i put it into perspective itll make sense....

13th- pre-op admissions
14th-op day

to i dont know whether to stay the 12th r just do a day trip and then come back

and then i dont know if i should stay a night or 2 after the op or if i should just go home while im not in complete agony..

Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander 

Let's look at the facts first.

1. You will not be allowed to drive for 24 hours post anaesthetic.

2. You will need a responsible person with you the night after the anaesthetic.

With that in mind - who will be the person who will look after you post procedure?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance