Skip to main content

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Determined, ouch.

I'm no expert, but is there any guarantee period with a house purchase?

No not for a 2nd hand purchase @Former-Member .

I think and hoping it is just a maintenance issue. Have been told in unrelated discussions that the roof screws should be replaced as the seals perish over time. 

It is impossible to know exactly where the water is coming from as there is insulation directly under the roof sheets. 

Yikes Bro, all available buckets in roof cavity.  Is it worth getting in a roofing company to check things out?

@Determined 

@Former-Member 

Digging through the files atm to try and find the guy we used last time we had dramas at our last house.  Problem at the moment is everyone us working overtime replacing roofs from a storm late last year that all of the competent tradies are hard to get and at a premium. 

We were told by the insurance assessor who checked out our roof after the big storm that roof screws should be replaced in the near future as a point of maintenance. Other than that he reckoned the roof was in good condition for its age. (House is 18 years old). 

@Determined, as much as I don't want to add to your stress, what sort of insulation? Is it a fibrous sort that holds moisture, or polystyrene sheet or ??

Um yeah the fibrous type @Smc  😰

Have already considered that. Thankfully darling has not as yet. 

Hoping that because it appears to be minimal it wont cauae too many issues. There is no evidence of it swelling yet anyway. 

Is is a fobours sheet with aircell (silver insulation sheet ) under. 

Screenshot_20190330-152519_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190330-152550_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lifting roof sheets up to replace that...

That would require darling to not be here .

Roof screws I could manage by myself and save $2 - 3000.  (Based on what a chap at church was quoted for a roof less than 1/2 the size of our house) and that is just replacing the roof screws. 

I may get away with just tightening them but given the age if I  am already up there may as well replace them.